Monday, April 5, 2010

Zaytun Mediterranean Grill

Um, could the weather be any nicer for alfresco dining?

I totally took advantage of outdoor seating last week.Zaytun Mediterranean Grill is located at 2286 Bardstown Road in the Highlands and has a couple tables outside on the sidewalk, so I asked my server (there wasn't a hostess, and I'm guessing it's because the place is so tiny) if I could sit outside. It was late afternoon on a weekday, so I missed the lunch rush and both sidewalk tables were empty. My cheerful server said he welcomed the opportunity to be able to come outside and take care of me. How nice.

There was a speaker playing music outside, but I could barely tell because the traffic on Bardstown Road is so loud. The gorgeous weather made up for it though.The somewhat short menu is comprised of gyros, falafel, salads and appetizers. There was a fried fish sandwich as well. I settled on the Euro-Style Chicken Caesar Wrap, sauteed chicken breast chunks served over romaine with Caesar dressing and shredded paremsan cheese on top of euro-style flat bread. I was only one of three people in the place, so it arrived quickly. It's a warm wrap, by the way, and the flat bread was delicious. It was soft and moist and slightly buttery. The Caesar dressing wasn't overdone, which I like because I hate when I order a Caesar salad and it's drenched. The chicken was seasoned well, but it was just a tad on the dry side. The romaine lettuce was crisp and there was plenty of shredded parmesan. Pretty darn good, I gotta say.

The wrap was $7.50, and with tax, my total bill came to $7.95. I left my server $2, and thanked him for the polite service. I think I'll come here for dinner next time because I noticed a decent selection of wine on the wine menu, including bottles under $20. Sweet!

Cheers,
Fleur de Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment