Friday, April 16, 2010

KT's Restaurant

I haven't been to KT's restaurant, located at 2300 Lexington Road, since I was a teenager, so I decided it was time to go back. You know, for a local restaurant, this place feels about as corporate as you can get. It's like walking into an O'Charley's, to be honest. The decor is similar, with its booths, lots of green plants, and non-descript "artwork", but it has a comfortable feeling. The hostess was young and smiling and took me to a booth. A server promptly greeted me, perhaps a little too enthusiastically, but that's okay, and I ordered a water. He flitted back quickly with it and asked if I had any questions about the menu. I did not. I swear it was like looking at an O'Charley's menu, but I was fine with it because I knew I'd be able to find something.

I chose the American Melt, char-broiled chopped steak, sauteed onions, and American cheese on toasted rye bread, and I ordered the steamed veggies as a side (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots). When it came, it looked like a sandwich I'd ordered from a diner. No presentation whatsoever. It was just sort of there. It doesn't get much better from here. The chopped steak was overcooked and chewy, the onions obviously weren't sauteed to order (probably had been prepared earlier in the day), and the American cheese was...well...American cheese. Oh, and the veggies were soggy. I ate close to half of it because I was starving, and I let the server take the rest away.

There's a reason I don't come here, and it's a shame because this place really could be good. It definitely needs a makeover.

My total bill came to $9.00 even, and I left my server $2 (it's not his fault the food sucks). Maybe I'll try again in another 15 years.

Cheers,
Fleur de Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment