Friday, April 16, 2010

Cafe Lou Lou

I've been to Cafe Lou Lou, located at 106 Sears Avenue in St. Matthews, several times, and I gotta say, I love it. I haven't had a lot of items on the Louisville/Louisiana inspired menu, but I've loved the dishes I've tried thus far.

That being said, I stopped in for lunch last week after the lunch rush was over. I like a less crowded restaurant experience. The hostess greeted me warmly, and seated me at a high-top table in the bar. I have to add that this place displays a ton of local artwork, which is really cool in my book. The bartender greeted me promptly, and I ordered a water to sip on while I perused the menu. I usually get pasta, which I thought would be a nit heavy for lunch, so I looked over the sandwiches instead. They have like ten sandwiches to choose from, by the way.

I settled on the Grilled Chicken Roll, with roasted red peppers, feta cheese, mixed greens, tomatoes, pesto aioli, rolled in flat bread. It's basically a wrap. I ordered the sauteed veggies as a side. You get your choice of Cajun crisps, pasta salad, or the veggies.

Um, it came out lightning fast! That's the advantage of a late lunch, I'm telling you. It was nice and warm, and the first bite afforded me a taste of just about all of the ingredients. The peppers were slightly sweet, and the feta cheese tasted nice and creamy. The pesto aioli complemented it well, and the chicken was seasoned with what tasted like Cajun spices because it had a bit of a kick to it. Delicious! The sauteed veggies were zucchini, yellow squash, onions, and peppers and could have been salted a little more. All in all, it was very tasty, and I only ate half of the wrap, so I had some to take home with me.

My total bill came to $9.80, and I left my server $2. I recommend this place for it's fun atmosphere and interesting dishes. I'll definitely be back.

Cheers,
Fleur de Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment